Thunderings

On October 12, 2015, a lightning bolt struck the destructive cult known as Word of Life Christian Church in Chadwicks, NY. The information compiled here is in honor of the hero who released his strength in one powerful strike -- my brother, Lucas Benjamin Leonard. The shock waves of this explosion continue to ripple and resonate.



 Anger rises with a chokehold
clutching my trembling frame,
smothering my soul with thick, black smoke.
Caustic.
Sorrow rushes with murky raging floods,
a tsunami consuming me in anguish and confusion.
Destructive.
Questions churn violently in a cloud of ash overhead:
“How?” “Why?”
Abrasive. Toxic.
Desperate, my eyes search for a glimpse of beauty to rise from these ashes,
and once more, I see Lukey’s lightning bolt
in the midst of the volcanic storm.
I remember my promise to my baby brother, to my hero.
“I will be your thunder.”


Perhaps most importantly you will find answers from insider perspective to the who, why, and how questions. The criminal and legal aspects of the story, the history of the cult, and ways to avoid and prevent further damage will also be presented.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Debi's Sentencing

Bruce's Sentencing